Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Problem is, I had to keep the stinky puppy with me.

Tonight was the "Boys Like Girls" concert at the Tuna Can. I really think the Can got more than they were expecting :D The opening bands were kinda lame. City of Ashburn didn't really know how to play to that many people and Fearless Fearless' lead singer couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag. She kept doing this "point at the audience then bend her whole body into a right angel" move. It would have been less awkward if she had only done it once per song instead of once per line. Boys Like Girls were worth it to the audience it seemed. Most of the people ended up in the isles and in front of the stage. Which, I think, gave the poor Ivins cops a stroke. I don't think anyone incharge of security really realized what to expect. Haha teens/preteens jumping up and down with lighters, tight pants and big hair is quite a bit different than 30+ year olds sitting quietly watching a Charlie Danials Band concert.

See all the maddness?

I am a bit bitter about it though. When they rushed the stage they bent our lighting positions almost in half and actually snapped one and it fell down the grate! Lucky we didn't have lights there for this concert. I may have beat someone to a bloody pulp. Or at least sent some VERY rude glares their way.

All in all nothing was hurt beyond repair. Exept for, of course, the lead singers main guitar. Which he threw from the Stage Right Rock position on to stage then ran down and used it to beat the stage; which had apparently wronged him in some way. Poor stage/guitar.

When I got home I built a fort. Which Kyle, being the party pooper he is, didn't want to sleep in. SO here I am ditching him sleeping in my SUPER COOL fort that he can't come in. Seriously though. He can't come in.

Loves, Sambamby

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I miss tech in so many ways, and then in others... Not so much. I'm glad you still get to participate though, I'd die to work another show right about now. I miss it! Mostly I miss theatre though, not concerts, though I do miss Bar J! Did you know Mrs. Bruce (Curley) has a blog? I totally found it the other day! Her kids are so cute!

    Yay for the fort! I abso-friggen-lutely adore you, you keep things interesting.

    ReplyDelete