Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 23, 2010

Ok First off, I have some very very exciting news! Wednesday we checked our mail and lo and behold, there was a check! The IRS FINALLY granted us the First Time Home buyers credit!!!! We have only been living here for a year. *eye roll* I can not even begin to explain what a relief it is! Also I am starting school in a month and I have been approved for all but 75 dollars of my tuition! So exciting! Books will still be crazy but we can use our IRS $ to get them! HOORAY! I have been so stressed about money and I will continue to stress but this was such a nice feeling.

In an effort to start me blogging up a storm I am joining in on a new nifty thing to blog about every so often so hopefully I can get one for most days so I can keep this goin! Woot!

So the new thing is *Drum Roll*

Five Question Friday! Just a fun little thing to help me with ideas when I don't have anything to write about. Even though right now I do, did... whatev. Either way here it is and here I go!




 
 


1. What were your school colors?


2. What's the best compliment you ever received?


3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?


4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?


5. What is one material possession that you "can't live without"?

-----------------------------------------------

1. What were my school colors?
Red and Grey! GO DONS! Yeah lame colors lame mascot but I loved being a Don. They always cheated and replaced the Grey with Black and then threw in some Grey accents so things ended up being a lot prettier.
We wore Red and Grey gowns for graduation. Let me rephrase that, the Boys wore Red and the Girls wore Grey. A fate, to teenage girls, almost worse than death. Gowns always make you look larger than your true size and to also be in Grey, horrifying. To top it off I was running late so I didn't have time to iron mine so I had a big gown of hanging elephant skin. It was oh so wonderful.


That is me on the far end. The one that looks elephant ish. My friend was smart enough to shed her skin. I was not.

2. What's the best compliment I have ever received?
A friend of mine told me over facebook that she remembered the first day she had met me. She told me that I was genuine and always smiled. That I was the kind of person that people could be comfortable being themselves around.
It honestly made me tear up. I can't even explain how much I love people in general. I love my friends and I try so hard to be good to people. There is nothing more beautiful that an, honest to God, human connection. Just two people talking to one another and actually HEARING what one other are saying.

3. Do you buy cheap or expensive toilet paper?
Expensive! I hate that thin "paper" feeling toilet paper. I need me some Charman Utrasoft. Those little bears slay me! So cute, cuddly and clean. I loves them! I loves them so much!
To be honest when I lived with my parents my mom always bought the good stuff. I don't know what it was that she got... but then she would just keep getting it for me when I moved away. I didn't actually go out and buy my own toilet paper until I was married and then my husband knew he loved Charman. So I just went with it. I would never ever buy the cheep stuff even if others weren't picking it for me.

4. Have you ever had a surprise party thrown for you? Or have you had one for someone else?
Both! I had some friends throw me one when I was younger it is all kind of vague... My brain has kinda been like a shredder for the past few years. I can't remember things properly, I just know they happened.
We did throw a surprise party for my Dad for his 50th. He is a home town guy and he lives close to family so it was huge! We got him a big cake and put up pictures from when he was younger. There were a lot of Swedish Fish, M&Ms and Hot Tamales. My daddy's 3 favorite foods. We kept it secret really well and he was very surprised. My Mom isn't very good at keeping secrets so he kind of knew that something was up with her but he didn't think it was a party.


5. What is one material possession that you "can't live without"?
A big purse. I carry a lot of things on me. Every day before I leave the house I load my purse up with essentials and non essentials by the time I am done it usually weighs over 5 lbs. I dunno, I guess I am a freak. I just love having everything I need for the day with me and in one place. It's like magic, I swear. People are all like, "Man I really wish I had some nail clippers" and Bam! Nail Clippers. Or, "Man I really want a Gogert right now!" BAM Gogert! It is truly amazing.

Any who back to work.

Loves! Sambamby

2 comments:

  1. First of all--I LOVED our school colors!! Our graduation gowns were more silver than grey and I was so incredibly happy to be wearing a grey gown. I just thought, "Man, I could be at some other horrible school and be stuck wearing orange or a hideous shade of green or yellow--thank goodness for silver/grey!!" I was ecstatic when I saw what I had to wear! But you're right--we cheated a LOT. Almost everything was red. Or it was white and red with a little grey. Or black and red with a little grey.

    Secondly--we are purse soul mates. I seriously have everything in my purse. You know that little isle in the store that has everything in travel size? I have all of those things. Q-tips, brush, hair spray, tweezers, nail clippers, mouth wash, vitamins, granola bars, contact solution and an extra case, tiny deodorant, gum, tampons, tissues, band aids--you need it? I got it!! LOL Candace teases me because, no matter what comes up, between my purse and Gabriel's diaper bag, I've got it covered!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm on the far far right... The butt and legs. That's right.

    ReplyDelete