Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homey with a baby

So I am not sure if y'all know this but having a baby takes up A LOT of time! AKA less time for blogging but my bloggy juices were flowin' so I had to take the daddy bath time to update.

I feel like I am finally making this house a home. It seems like it has taken way too long but it's getting done. I would explain but seeing as pictures say 1000 words....



On the other side of the cupboards there are some fun random thing we found at Tai Pan trading. A melancholy frog.. a vignette of Kyle and I etc. etc. Awesome sauce.



My sister wrote this out and I painted over it. The L is a little sad but I am gunna fix it later. The picture with the "frame" around it is how I am going to do the rest of the pictures. I know it looks crooked but I had to take the picture from a weird angle. I promise, it is straight. I am planning on printing out more pictures of Anya and more pictures of Kyle and I. Hopefully we will eventually get a family picture up there. The plan is to have pictures covering the wall.

There is just something so satisfying about painting a wall in your own home and thinking to yourself, "This is mine! I am proving it by painting it!" We also got our first bed set. I will be honest with you it is not only the first bed set we have owned as a couple it is also the first bed set I have ever owned. I figure it is time to stop living like I live in an apartment and start living like I live in a home. . . because I do.



Anya is growing so fast! Three (lunar) months tomorrow. Can you believe that shiz?! She smiles and laughs. Even though her laugh is crazy funny, not really a giggle type laugh but more of a loud happy exhale. It's awesome. She can roll over but she totally hates being on her tummy. We put Daisy on the floor across from her and she seems to like being down longer. She must realize Daisy is very silly looking.

She can grab a rattle and shake it. We have a play gym that she kicks at and she is starting to really focus on her toys and she will just sit and stare at bright things.
We are doing signing time with her and she seems to be interested in it. It is supposed to really help with development and communication. I will keep the blog posted with goings on of the signing and stuff. I know lots of people it as worked for and I hope it works for us too!

ANYWHO! This is a lot longer than I thought it would be so I am ending it here. PEACE!

Love,Sambamby

3 comments: